Winter/Spring 2023 Medical/Medical Operations Internship
Schoonover Eye Care, P.C. Serving the valley communities since 2005, offering comprehensive vision exams and specializing in diagnosis and treatment of ocular diseases.
This on-site internship will focus on providing you with a “starting view” of both patient care and office operations, which are integral components of a successful practice!
Visit https://www.facebook.com/icare4eyes/ to view their new location with a modern, up-to-date office complete with a clinical side for medical and ocular disease management as well as a unique optical showroom.
- Early 2023 start; Flexible January or February
- 10-20 business hours/week
- On-site internship at business location in Peckville, PA (15 minutes from Scranton)
* Requirement: Students are required to check with their college/university career development office to find out if any guidelines, must be followed and/or requirements must be met for the internship (health & safety, academic or other), by the student and/or the small business host.
- 2nd, 3rd, or 4th-year coursework in the sciences (such as bio, chem), business, pre-med, health administration, or marketing/communications
- Interest in entrepreneurship
- Pride in your customer service and communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Projects:
- Be able to see and explain how a model of patient care, marketing, and business operations grow a small practice
- Assist doctor in collecting medical histories, electronic health records, medical billing, and coding, with emphasis on direct patient communication
- Perform preliminary screenings and assist doctors with medical and ocular plans, with emphasis on patient education
- Play a helpful role in providing customer service to patients before, during, and after exams, while linking business functions and technology
The internship deadline has been extended to January 30th